Join us for unique opportunities to:
- Gain insight into interdisciplinary science and how research fields are overlapping in complementary ways to solve new problems
- Learn how a PhD in a STEM field can open doors and be leveraged for exciting career opportunities
- Meet faculty and hear directly from them about their research in emerging fields
- Present your own work to faculty, graduate students, and post-docs in a poster session
- Attend workshops with admissions representatives and learn more about how to pursue a research degree
- Connect with your peers and explore Philadephia
Courtesy of Brown University
The 2012 Ivy Plus Stem Symposium for Diverse Scholars is targeted to students participating in the Ronald E. McNair Post-baccalaureate Achievement Program, Mellon-Mays Undergraduate Fellowship, Minority Access to Research Careers, and Minority Biomedical Research Support (RISE) Program. Other talented students are also encouraged to apply.
Featuring a keynote address by Derrick Pitts, Senior Scientist and Chief Astronomer at the Franklin Institute Science Museum, and more than a dozen panel sessions with faculty from the nation's leading universities!