Lectures and Events
wEDNESDAY, April 16
African-American Resource Center and Women of Color at Penn
Facilitated by Theresa Dozier-Daniel
Time: Noon - 2:00 pm
Location: Penn Women's Center, 3643 Locust Walk
Access: Free and open to the public
Contact: AARC @ 215.898.0104
Women of Color at Penn 2014 Conference
"what's Love got to do With It: Issues of Initmacy for Women of Color"
Relationships appear to be becoming increasingly complicated in this new and changing world. Are past definitions of intimacy relevant today? Join us as we explore how changes impact our definitions of intimacy and discuss the emerging and expanding compositions of love. What previous or current definitions of intimacy help to ensure the effectiveness of relationships for communities of color?
Suggested topic areas include but are not limited to: Single by Choice, Single by Chance, New Dating protocols (Cougars, Polyamory, Racial Differences, and Same Sex Relationships) and On-Line Dating.
• Please include the following:
• Full Name of presenter
• Current e-mail, mailing address, telephone number • Brief biographical sketch of the presenter • Title of the presentation and brief description • Any audiovisual equipment needed
• Speakers participating in the conference will receive:
• Reduced rate registration
• Complimentary lunch
Proposals for presentations at this conference will be accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for proposals is July 30, 2014
SAVE THE DATE!!!
Friday, March 21, 2014
Location: University Sheraton
36th and Chestnut Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19104
* In case of inclement weather, please go to www.upenn.edu. If it is posted that the University is closed, events will be CANCELED for that day. Any postponements will be posted on the calendar.