The Penn Access Transportation (PAT) vehicle operated by the Department of Transportation and Parking, is available to transport members of the University community with mobility and visual disabilities.
PAT Operating Hours
Requests for service are accepted only during these hours.
Monday through Friday from to
Saturday and Sunday from to
1. Authorization for use of PAT by faculty and staff must be obtained from the Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Programs. Students must receive authorization from the Office of Student Disabilities Services (SDS).
2. PAT is available for faculty, staff and students with mobility and visual disabilities.
3. PAT is available to transport faculty, staff and students to and from locations within the following Penn Transit Service boundaries (Please refer to the Penn transit brochure for more details):
North to Spring Garden Street
East to 20th Street (the boundaries for Center City are north to Market Street, east to 20th Street, south to South Street, and west to 27th Street)
South to Woodland Avenue
West to 50th Street
Penn Transit Service will not be provided between non-University buildings or locations except to or from 30th Street Station.
In order to maintain reliable and efficient service, it is imperative that all users of PAT be familiar with and follow these guidelines:
1. To register, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Programs (OAA) Monday through Friday, between and Students should call Student Disabilities Services (SDS)at 215-573-9235 for further assistance.
Staff and Faculty Members: You will need to complete the Penn Access Transit Request Formand have your physician sign the form.You may fax the form to our office at 215-746-7088 or mail it to:
Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Programs
3600 Chestnut Street
Sansom Place East, Suite 228
Philadelphia, PA 19104
2. Once our office has registered and authorized you to use PAT, we will contact you to request for service.Requests for service should be made directly to the Penn Transit Services Ride line number 215-898-RIDE (7433). After dialing, press "2" when prompted.
3. Users should be very specific about their pickup location and be at the arranged location a few minutes before the requested pickup time. The PAT driver will wait only three minutes beyond the requested pickup time.
4. Users are permitted a maximum of four (4) one-way rides per day unless prior approval is obtained from the Office of Affirmative Action at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance. REMINDER: These requests are to and from home/campus only within the University's boundaries.