The Diversity Lecture Series is intended to give insight and understanding of multicultural issues to the University of Pennsylvania. The series is designed to introduce an essential component of education in helping to encourage civil debate, broaden the basis for critical thought and promote cultural understanding.
Here at University of Pennsylvania, we realize that our educational offerings and workshops are fundamental to maintaining an environment free from discriminatory harassment and retaliation. Managers, supervisors, faculty, deans, directors, and department heads are partners with our theme in ensuring that their employees are informed of the University’s policies prohibiting discrimination, harassment and retaliation. The Office of Student Affairs is the resource for providing this information to the student body.
The Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Programs (OAA/EOP) is responsible for providing educational training programs to assist members of the University community in understanding discrimination, harassment and retaliation. In addition we offer information on how to address behaviors that violate University policies, and how to be proactive in creating a respectful and productive work environment.
Below is a list of training sessions offered by our office. Please select the title to download further information on the training (PDFs.)
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- Civility, Engagement and Respect in the Workplace
- Creating Synergy in a Multi – Generational Workforce
- Professional and Respectful Behavior in the Workplace
- Sexual Harassment Awareness
- Title IX: Sexual Violence Reporting for Staff
- Transitioning in the Workplace
- Unconscious Bias and its Impact at the Workplace
- Workplace Bullying: Resources for Penn Employees
Each of these trainings can be tailored to meet the needs of your department. To request a training session, please contact OAA/EOP at (215) 898-6993 or by email at Office of Affirmation Action and Equal Opportunity Programs.