Langfitt Memorial Symposium
On Wednesday, November 29, from 5-7:30 p.m., the sixth annual Langfitt
Memorial Symposium will be held at the BRB II/III Auditorium. The Symposium
is a student-run event featuring national experts in health policy discussing
a current issue or debate. The topic, Are We Mis-Financing Medical Education?
will cover the problems of the medical system: physician diversity,
over-specialization, resident hours and errors, student indebtedness, and
health care delivery to the urban and rural poor and minorities.
- The Honorable Benjamin Cardin, US Congressman, 3rd District
of Maryland (Baltimore)
- Dr. Jordan Cohen, President, American Association of Medical
- Sean Nicholson, Assistant Professor of Health Care Systems,
- Sandy Shea, Boston Area Director, Committee of Interns and Residents
- Dr. Kenneth Veit, Dean, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic
- Dr. Gail Morrison, Vice Dean of Medical Education at the Medical
School, will moderate the discussion.