The following information was received since shortly after presstime Monday, when Almanac advised that details of President Bill Clinton's visit to Hill Field would be place on the Web. -Ed.
- In a Media Advisory from Clinton/Gore '96, the time of the President's address is given as 1:45 p.m., along with this information on access:
Members of the public are welcome to attend the President's address at Hill Field. Tickets are not required but limited space will require admittance on a first-come first-served basis. Interested public should enter through the marked entrance off of 34th Street between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Before the President speaks, there will be a pre-program beginning at 12:30 p.m.
- The University Police have issued the following advisory:
Attention: All Faculty, Staff and Students
Penn student groups, Penn for Clinton/Gore '96 and the College Democrats
are sponsoring a rally.
Speakers/Guests include: President Clinton, Mayor Ed Rendell, Singer Patti LaBelle, Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Rodney Peete and his wife, actress Holly Robinson, jazz musician Grover Washington, Jr., and others.
Date: Tuesday, October 29, 1996
Time: 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. (Gates Open at 11 a.m.)
Place: Hill Field, 34th and Walnut Streets
You can expect heavy pedestrian traffic in the area.
In particular, the following areas will be CLOSED during the event for
- 34TH STREET (MARKET TO WALNUT STREET) -- NO VEHICULAR TRAFFIC ALLOWED
- 34TH STREET (CHESTNUT TO SANSOM STREET) -- NO PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC ALLOWED
- CHESTNUT STREET (36TH TO 33RD STREET) -- NO VEHICULAR TRAFFIC ALLOWED
- CHESTNUT STREET (33RD TO 34TH STREET) -- NO PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC ALLOWED
- 33RD STREET (WALNUT TO CHESTNUT STREET) -- NO VEHICULAR OR PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC ALLOWED
- GARAGE # 37 (34TH AND CHESTNUT STREET) -- THE GARAGE WILL BE CLOSED TO VEHICULAR AND PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC AT 9:30 A.M.
However, the Shops at Penn and the 3401 Walnut Street Cafe Food Court will be OPEN during the event.
Please familiarize yourself with the above listed restricted areas and plan accordingly.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the PENN POLICE
Department at 898-4483.
Almanac Between Issues. Monday, October 28, 1996.
Return to Almanac's homepage