Meeting and Event Space
Campus meeting and events space availability has been an ongoing topic
of conversation this summer as the current Faculty Club readies to transition
out of Skinner Hall, and the Inn at Penn prepares for opening.
Understandably, there are concerns about how to satisfy existing event
and meeting needs that had been previously met by space at Skinner as well
as other venues (such as Perelman Quad) that are presently out of service.
Campus Services is hosting information meetings for Penn events planners
to address these challenges. Staff from Conference and Guest Services at
Penn, the "new" Faculty Club, the Inn at Penn, and the Sheraton
University City will be available to discuss your interests and questions.
These meetings will offer an opportunity to:
- get help finding the "right" space for your event
- hear about how Conference and Guest Services can help you secure events
space and services.
- meet staff from both the Inn at Penn and the Sheraton
- hear about the Faculty Club in its new iteration in the Inn at Penn
|Thursday, July 22
||9:30 AM - 11 AM
|Tuesday, July 27
||3 PM - 4:30 PM
|Wednesday, August 11
||10:30 AM - Noon
All meetings will take place at the Sheraton University City.
The following Campus Services staff will participate:
- Jeff Barta, Director, Conference and Guest Services, Penn
- Sondra Siegel, Associate Director, Conference and Guest Services, Penn
- Natalka Swavely, Coordinator, Faculty Club, Penn
- Scott Umlauf, Director, Sales and Marketing, Sheraton University City
- Nancy Barag,Director, Sales and Marketing, Inn at Penn
Materials on all facilities and services will be provided.
Office of Community Housing Workshops
In addition to the enhanced mortgage program, the Office of Community
Housing is offering various workshops to members of the Penn community to
assist with home ownership and purchase information.
The following seminars are being offered as part of our summer semester
workshop series. Please note the time and location for each workshop.
Credit Counseling and Repair:
How to repair damaged credit. Common myths about credit, what banks
consider in making loans credit scoring, credit reports, and sources
of credit and their differences.
- July 27, 12-1; Rm. 720 Franklin Building/3451 Walnut
- August 3, 1:30-2:30; Same location
Community Housing 101:
Come find out about one of the most exciting programs on campus. The
Office of community Housing is here to help you in your quest towards homeownership.
We do however, have some guidelines and conditions that make the process
easier for us all. Come find out the benefits of the program, the process,
and general home buying information. Welcome to the program.
4046 Walnut Office of Off Campus Living
- Tues., July 13; 12-1 p.m.
- Thurs., July 29; 1-2 p.m.
- Wed., August 11; 8-9 p.m.
- Thurs., August 12; 12-1 p.m.
Rm. 720 Franklin Building/3451 Walnut
- Tues., July 20; 12-1 p.m.
- Tues., August 10; 1-2 p.m.
- Tues., August 17; 12-1 p.m.
If you have any questions, please contact Bernadette Ramsey, Outreach
Coordinator at (215) 573-9725 or email@example.com
--Bernadette Ramsey, Outreach Coordinator, Community Housing