February at Penn
- 19 The Dark Room Collective; "part reading series, part
poetry slam" explores cultural frameworks in Black writing; book signing
follows; Mosaic of Black Writing Program (Afro-American Studies).
Originally scheduled for 4 p.m. in Room 111, Annenberg School; has been
changed to 4:30 p.m. in Room 109, Annenberg School.
- 14 Safer Sex Awareness Month Event--Safer Sex Films by
Women: The Match that Started My Fire and Diana's Hair Ego; 7-8
p.m.; B-6, Stiteler Hall (Student Health; Women's Studies; Penn Women's
- SPEC Film Society
Film screenings at 7 and 9:30 p.m.; Irvine Auditorium; $3, $2/with
- 15 Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex.
- 16 Dead Presidents.
- 14 Free introductory tutoring in English grammar and
conversation for International students; Wednesdays 3-4 p.m.,
Christian Association (English Tutoring Center of America).
- 17 Jazz Lovers Weekend; the Hideo Tonooka Quartet; 10
2 a.m., Ivy Room, Penn Tower; $10 at the door or make reservations at
898-0050, for the package which also includes overnight accommodations
for two, indoor parking, and a breakfast buffet for $125.
- 14 Crosstalk Between Signalling Pathways; Judith
pharmacology; noon; Agnew Griese Auditorium, Dulles Bldg. (Center for
Research on Reproduction and Women's Health).
- 15 Yoshiwara's Dual Role in the Intellectual Game of "Mitate"
(Parody); Cecilia Segawa Seigle, Asian and Middle Eastern Studies; 5
p.m.; Rm. 111, Williams Hall (Center for East Asian Studies).
- Post-Marketing Surveillance of Drug Use in Pregnancy;
Jeanne Manson, Merck Research Labs; 9-10 a.m.; Rm. 701, Blockley Hall
(UPMC Clinical Epidemiology Health Services).
- Scientific Narratives and the Naturalization of Race and
in the Latin American Cholera Epidemic; Charles Briggs, UC San
Diego; 4 p.m.; Smith-Penniman Room, Houston Hall (Latin American
Cultures Program; H & SS; Folklore & Folklife; Anthropology).
- 16 Health Care Costs, Health Insurance & Job Mobility;
R. Penrod, University of Michigan; 4:30-6 p.m.; Auditorium, CPC (Health
- 19 African American Educational Inequity: Dilemma or
Design; Walter R. Allen, UCLA; NOTE: PROGRAM CANCELLED (Search Committee for the Constance E. Clayton Chair in Education).
February 13, 1996
Volume 42 Number 20
Return to the Almanac Home Page.
Return to the index for this issue.