March at Penn
- The South Asia Regional Studies talk originally listed for March 13
will be given on March 6 at 11 a.m. in Classroom 2, University Museum.
- The start date for the Saturday morning Gymnastics Classes for
children has changed from March 2 to March 23; classes run through May
25. The 10-week course is $100 and meets from 9:30.-10:20 a.m.
Wharton Small Business Development
- 6 The Art of Persuasive Presentation; 6:30-9 p.m.; $205.
Wednesdays through March 27.
- 12 Managing a Family-Owned Business; 6:30-9 p.m.; $185. Tuesdays
through March 26.
Dance Affiliates presents NextMove Festival Ô96 Archetypes; Harold
Prince Theatre; $15, $10/students and seniors; tickets/information: 898-
6791. Repeat dates and times in italics.
- 5 S/He; Jane Comfort and Company dance a gender war in a full-
length work which skewers social attitudes by subjecting current events
to gender and race reversal; 8 p.m.; cross dress for half-price
admission. Feb. 6 & 7, 8 p.m.
- 8 Rennie Harris Pure Movement & Friends; a multi-media
exploration of urban culture and tradition featuring Harris' ensemble
and some of Philadelphia's hottest street dancers; 11 p.m. Feb. 9, 11
- 6 Growth and Patterning in the Vertebrate Limb Wnt, FGF and SHH;
Lee Niswander, Sloan-Kettering Institute; noon; Agnew-Griese Auditorium,
Dulles Building, HUP (Center for Research on Reproduction and Women's
- 7 The Virtual Classroom: Wire and Fiber Replacing Brick and
Mortar; Burkes Oakley II, University of Illinois; 11 a.m.; Room 216,
Moore School (Electrical Engineering).
March 5, 1996
Volume 42 Number 23
Return to Almanac's homepage.
Return to the index for this issue.