SENATE From the Chair
TO: Members of the Faculty Senate
FROM: William L. Kissick, Chair
SUBJECT: Agenda for the Annual Meeting
Wednesday, April 17, 1996
3-5:30 p.m. in B-6 Stiteler Hall
- Approval of minutes, April 19, 1995, plenary
- Report of the Chair. (5 minutes)
- Report of the President. (5 minutes)
- Report of the Provost. (5 minutes)
- Report of the Committee on Administration, David Brownlee, Chair. Topics include: administrative restructuring, renewal of appointment of deans, post-tenure review, teaching evaluation. (10 minutes)
- Report of the Committee on the Faculty, Sheila Mur-naghan, Chair. Topics include: faculty maternity leave policy, lecturer in foreign languages, functioning of the Faculty Grievance Commission. (10 minutes)
- Report of the Committee on Students and Educational Policy, James Laing, Chair. Topic: 1995-96 Report on Making Penn the Undergraduate University of Choice for the 21st Century. (10 minutes)
- Report of the Committee on the Economic Status of the Faculty, Robert Hornik, Chair. (5 minutes for report; 15 minutes discussion)
- Discussion Only: Statement of Harold Bershady, Diana Crane, William Evan, and Samuel Klausner regarding alleged salary discrimination. (15 minutes)
- Report of the Committee on Academic Freedom and Responsibility, Susan Watkins, Chair. (10 minutes)
- Adjournment by 5:30 p.m.
Note: Copies of reports published in Almanac will be available at the meeting.
April 9, 1996
Volume 42 Number 27
Return to index for this issue.
Return to Almanac homepage.