UPDATE April at Penn
- 19 Biological Basis of Behavior Student Research Symposium; features research accomplishments of BBB majors; poster session: 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Undergraduate Lounge, Stiteler Hall; lunch: noon-2 p.m.; oral presentations: 2-5:30 p.m., B26 Stiteler Hall; registration: 573-3163 (BBB).
- Partnerships for the 21st Century; The 5th Annual Latin American Conference; Convention Center; info: 573-5598 (Wharton).
- Vision Tunnel; Artist Guild's exhibition of student work; Bowl Room, Houston Hall (The Artist Guild). Continues through May 5.
- 18 Spring Crafts Fair; 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Locust Walk (SPEC Crafts Fair Committee). Repeats April 19.
- 19 Spring Fling Concert; The Violent Femmes, Pharcyde, The Skatalites, and moe; 7:30 p.m.; Hill Field; tickets: $20, $15/students, 898-6791 (Spring Fling Committee).
- 17 Embryonic Induction and Patterning of Endoderm; Daniel Kessler, of PennMed; noon; M-100 Morgan (Center for Research on Reproduction and Women's Health).
- 18 Latest Develpoments in Low-bit Rate Video Coding; C.T. Chen, Bellcore; 11 a.m.-noon; 216 Moore (Electrical Engineering).
- Science and Technology Policy; Mary Good, Dept. of Commerce; noon-1:15 p.m.; 2034 Steinberg Hall-Dietrich Hall (Public Policy).
- Dendritic Cell-based Immunotherapy of Cancer; Walter Storkus, Pitt; Klaus Irmscher Lecture; 4 p.m.; Grossman Auditorium (Wistar).
- Killing Memory: Bosnia's Cultural Heritage and Its Destruction; Andras Riedlmayer, Harvard; 5:15 p.m.; Stein Auditorium, Nesbitt Hall, Drexel U. (Drexel; Penn Honors Program; Hagerty Library; Hillel; Librarians' Assembly).
- Constructions of Masculinities in the Canonical Texts of Western Political Theory; Harry Brod, University of Delaware; 7:30 p.m.; 109 Annenberg School (Women's Studies).
- 19 Hong Kong's Crisis, 1997 and Beyond: Competing Visions of Law and Political Institutions, and the Return to Chinese Rule; Jacques deLisle, law; Kevin Lane, Franklin & Marshall; noon; 540 Williams (Ctr. East Asian Studies).
- 22 Something About Tropomodulin; Annemarie Weber, biochem/biophysics; 2 p.m.; Conference Rm., Richards (Pennsylvania Muscle Institute).
- 23 Women and HIV Infection; Lorna Lynn, medicine; noon-1 p.m.; Conference Rm., Rhoads Bldg. (FOCUS on Women's Health Research).
Volume 42 Number 28
April 16, 1996
Return to Almanac's home page.
Return to index for this issue.