Crime Alert: Indecent Assault at Biomed Library
The Penn Police Department is currently investigating a report that in the Biomedical Library during the late afternoon and early evening hours on April 15, a male grabbed a female student and made sexual advances towards her. The student was able to break away from him and notify police. The man is described as white; 29-30 years of age; 5'8"; 150 lbs.; brown hair; unshaven; last seen wearing a dark-colored t-shirt, light-colored khaki pants, and eyeglasses.
Anyone having additional information on this incident or prior incidents, or anyone coming in contact with this male in the future, should contact the Penn Police immediately by calling:
- Penn Police: 898-7297
- Penn Detectives: 898-4485
- Victim Support: 898-4481/6600.
- Always try to be aware of your surroundings and trust your instincts.
- Report anyone who behaves suspiciously to the Penn Police Department. Try to remember details about the person's appearance and the area where the person was last seen. Relay all information about the person to the police dispatcher.
- Do not stop and give directions or other information to strangers.
- As always, when there is a problem, use the Emergency Blue Light phones for immediate contact with the Penn Police Department. Dial 511 or 573-3333 from any campus phone.
-- Officer Joe DiDato
Volume 42 Number 29
April 23, 1996
Return to Almanac's home page.
Return to index for this issue.