SENATE From the Chair
Under the Faculty Senate Rules, formal notification to members may be accomplished by publication in Almanac. The following is published under that rule.
TO: Members of the Faculty Senate
FROM: Peter J. Kuriloff, Chair
SUBJECT: Nominations to SEC and SCAFR
The Senate Nominating Committee was reconvened to fill an At-large vacancy for a l-year term on the Senate Executive Committee and a 2-year vacancy on the Senate Committee on Academic Freedom and Responsibility, both effective May 1, 1996. The following nominations are the result.
- In accordance with the Faculty Senate Rules, official notice is given of the Senate Nominating Committee's slate of nominees for the incoming Senate Officers. The nominees, who have indicated their willingness to serve, are:
- At-large Member of the Senate Executive Committee, 1-year term: Frank I. Goodman (law)
- Senate Committee on Academic Freedom and Responsibility, 2-year term: Ruth J. Muschel (pathology & laboratory medicine)
- Again in accord with the Senate Rules you are invited to submit "additional nominations,which shall be accomplished via petitions containing at least twenty-five valid names and the signed approval of the candidate. All such petitions must be received no later than fourteen days subsequent to the circulation of the nominees of the Nominating Committee. Nominations will automatically be closed fourteen days after circulation of the slate of the Nominating Committee." Pursuant to this provision, petitions must be received at the Faculty Senate Office, 210 Houston Hall, by 5 p.m., Tuesday, June 11, 1996.
- Under the same provision of the Senate Rules, if no additional nominations are received, the slate nominated by the Nominating Committee will be declared elected. Should additional nominations be received, an election will thereafter be held by mail ballot.
Volume 42 Number 33
May 21/28, 1996
Return to Almanac's homepage.
Return to index for this issue.