Information Systems and Computing: Organizational Changes
Information Systems and Computing's Vice Provost James O'Donnell has announced a series of changes in organization and management as part
of a campus-wide restructuring of computing services, in which ISC is "moving to focus more directly on its clients and better cooperate across units,
inside and outside ISC," an ISC spokesperson said.
"Two organizational entitiesData Communications and Computing Services (DCCS) and University Management Information Services
(UMIS)have been dissolved to create tighter coordination among their component units. Consolidation of operations functions across ISC is expected
in the months ahead," the announcement continued. On the senior management team D
r. O'Donnell has put in place:
- Robin Beck will serve as Associate Vice President, responsible for administrative client relations in business units and schools. She will continue
to manage Application Development and serve as technical team leader for Project Cornerstone.
- Michael Eleey will continue as Associate Vice Provost, responsible for client relations in research and instruction. He will continue to manage
ISC's Computing Resource Center, Technology Learning Services, and First Call hotline. He will oversee ISC's contract support-on-site program. The
Communications Group and Academic Computing Services will continue reporting to him.
- The Executive Director of Operations will oversee Technical Resources, Operations, and Disaster Recovery.
- Mike Palladino joins ISC's senior staff, serving as Director of Network Planning and Operations. He continues to be responsible for forward
planning and design of network facilities.
- Noam Arzt will continue to serve as Director of Information Technology Architecture and Network Services. His portfolio includes standards
and architecture with a renewed mandate to coordinate Penn's efforts to track and pilot emerging technology. Network Engineering will report to him.
- Jeanne Curtis will continue as University Data Administrator, with responsibilities including Penn's rapidly growing and increasingly strategic
- The Director of Finance and Administration is charged over the next year with streamlining ISC business affairs.
- Linda May will continue as Director of Planning and take on greater responsibility for sustaining ISC's active coordination with the President's,
Provost's and Executive Vice President's centers.
Volume 43 Number 1
July 16, 1996
Return to Almanac's homepage.
Return to index for this issue.