Sporting Through the Generations
In celebration of National Physical Therapy Month, the University Health System will present an all-day health clinic on Wednesday, October 30 from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. at Penn Therapy and Fitness, 3624 Market Street, on the ground floor west. The event, Sporting Through The Generations, is free and open to the entire community. There will be 10-15 minute talks by Penn Health System staff throughout the day.
- The schedule:
- 10:00 a.m. Physical Therapy as a Profession
- 10:30 a.m. Penn's Center for Adapted Sports
- 11:00 a.m. CV Adaptation to Exercise
- 11:30 a.m. Importance of Warm-Up/Stretching
- 12:00 noon Running Overuse Injuries
- 12:30 p.m. Shoulder Injuries in the Athlete
- 1:00 p.m. Golf Swing Mechanics
- 1:30 p.m. Common Golfing Injuries
- 2:00 p.m. Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation Acute Management of Injuries
- 2:30 p.m. Nutritional Considerations
- 3:00 p.m. Benefits of Aquatic Exercise
- 3:30 p.m. Exercise for the Physically Challenged
- 4:00 p.m. Foot and Ankle Injuries in Sport
- 4:30 p.m. Selecting Appropriate Footwear
- 5:00 p.m. Abdominal ExerciseFact & Fiction
- 5:30 p.m. Strength Training Principles
In addition to the talks, there will be door prizes raffled to benefit Penn's Center
for Adapted Sports, an organization committed to maintaining athletic opportunities for physically challenged athletes. For more information, call Mike Shaffer at 349-5585 or Laura Nunno at 662-3265.
Volume 43 Number 10
October 29, 1996
Return to Almanac's homepage.
Return to index for this issue.