Update NOVEMBER AT PENN
- 16 Parent Education Conference;
registration, 9 a.m.; welcome: Robert Sorrell, president, Urban League of Philadelphia and Glenn Bryan, director, Community Relations, 9:30 a.m.; workshops on quality public education, 10:15 and 11:30 a.m.; DRL; info: 731-4121 or -4145 (Urban League).
- 19 äk-e-pel-ah; concert featuring Counterparts, Off the Beat, Penny Loafers and Penn Six-5000; benefits United Community Clinics; 7:30 p.m.;
Harrison Auditorium, Museum; $5 on Locust Walk, $7 at the door.
- 21 Holiday Bazaar; food, clothing, crafts, and gifts for sale; 10 a.m.-3 p.m.; Bodek Lounge, Houston Hall (A-3 Assembly).
- 12 Brown Bag Interfaith Book Discussion: Politics of Meaning, Restoring Hope and Possibility in an Age of Cynicism
; Michael Lerner, author; "Things I Wish Liberals & Conservatives Knew"; 12:10-1 p.m.; Christian Ass'n (Christian Ass'n).
- 13 Hox Genes, Pattern Formation and Genetic Pyramids
; Steven Potter, Univ. of Cincinnati; noon; Hirst Auditorium, Dulles Bldg., HUP (Ctr. for
Research on Reproduction & Women's Health).
- HIV Risk Reduction Strategies for African American Adolescents;
Loretta Sweet Jemmott, nursing; 12-1:30 p.m.; Room D-44, Grad School of Ed.
- 14 Extreme Games: Maria de Zayas, Ana Caro, and Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz;
Stephanie Merrim, Brown; 4 p.m.; Class of '55 Conference Room,
Van Pelt-Dietrich Library (Romance Languages; Latin American Cultures Prog.; Women's Studies).
- Poetry Reading; Chaim Ghouri, Israeli Poet; 5 p.m.; Writer's House (Middle East Center; Hillel; Asian & Middle Eastern Studies; Jewish Studies).
- Women in Film: Visions and Voices from the World
; Lydia Moudileno, Romance Languages; with the film "A Door to the Sky"; 6 p.m.; Rm. 23, Moore Bldg. (SAS Humanities Coord. Cmte.).
- 15 Tales of Remembering and Forgetting; Nozipo Maraire, novelist and neurosurgeon; noon; Room 421, Williams Hall (African Studies Center).
- 18 Fetal Development and Schizophrenia;
Sarnoff Mednick, USC; 4 p.m.; Room B-26, Stitler Hall (Psychology).
- 19 Cultural Differences: A French-American Perspective
; Betty Slowinski, Center for Human Resources, Wharton; 1 p.m.; Faculty Club (Pennsylvania
- Elementary Events of Calcium Signaling in the Heart
; Heping Cheng, Nat'l Inst. on Aging; 4 p.m; Physiology Conf. Room, Richards Bldg. (Physio.).
Volume 43 Number 12
November 12, 1996
Return to Almanac's homepage.
Return to index for this issue.