JANUARY AT PENN
- 29 Francophonie; food, conversation for Franco-philes and Francophones; 5:30-7:30 p.m.; Ben Franklin Room, Houston Hall (French Institute).
- 30 Stress Management Through Bodywork;
12-1 p.m.; Bodek Lounge, Houston Hall (Faculty/Staff Assistance Program).
- 31 Pennchants and Pipers Jam Wars;
male à cappella groups sing hits from the '70s and '80s
and barbershop-style music; 8 p.m.; Annenberg Studio
Theater; $5; tickets: 898-6791. Repeated Feb. 1.
- 29 A Novel Technique for Genetic Analysis: High Density Fluorescent DNA Microarray;
Vivian Cheung, CHOP; 4 p.m.; Grossman Auditorium, Wistar
- 30 HPA Axis/Dopamine Interactions in Psychotic Depression;
Alan Schatzberg, Stanford; 12-1 p.m.; Austrian Auditorium, Clinical Research Building
(Psychiatry; Philadelphia Child Guidance Center).
- Is Protein "Structure" a Prerequisite for Function?;
Richard Kriwacki, Scripps Research Institute; Young Investigator Research Seminar; noon;
Johnson Foundation Library, Richards Bldg. (Biochemistry and Biophysics).
- TBA; Robert Foster, Rochester University; Ethnohistory Workshop; 4:30-6:30 p.m.; History Lounge, 3401 Walnut St. (History).
Deadline: The deadline for this weekly column is the Monday of the week prior to publication (e.g.,
February 3 for the February 11 issue).
Volume 43 Number 19
January 28, 1997
Return to Almanac's homepage.
Return to index for this issue.