Below is a table which shows the performance of the various funds for the period ending 12/31/96. The first column shows an abbreviation for the investment philosophy of the fund. (Abbreviations are described below.) The second column shows the overall asset size of the fund in millions of dollars. Columns three through seven show the performance of the funds over various time horizons. Columns eight and nine show the best and worst year for the last five years.
The Benefits Office will periodically publish this information in Almanac to assist faculty and staff in monitoring the performance of their tax deferred annuity investments. Any faculty or staff member who would like additional information on these benefit programs may call the Benefits Office at 8987281.
-- Albert Johnson, Acting Manager of Benefits
Source: Lipper Analytical Services and fund families.
* Total Return: Dividend or interest plus capital appreciation or depreciation.
(1) CREF Equity Index Account was introduced on April 29, 1994.
(2) CREF Growth Account was introduced on April 29, 1994.
(1) Vanguard Intermediate-Term, Long-Term, and Short-Term Bond Portfolios were introduced on March 1, 1994.
(2) Vanguard Intermediate-Term Corporate Portfolio was introduced on November 1, 1993.
(3) Vanguard Horizon Funds were introduced on August 14, 1995.
(4) Vanguard International Equity Index Fund Emerging Markets Portfolio was introduced on May 4, 1994.
Volume 43 Number 24
March 4, 1997
Return to Almanac's homepage.
Return to index for this issue.