MARCH AT PENN
- 21 Souls of Du Bois Conference--Penn and Philadelphia's Community: Friends or
Foes; keynote speaker Walter Palmer, SSW; 11 a.m.-5 p.m.; W.E.B. Du Bois College House; to
register: e-mail selliott@ pobox. upenn.edu
or call 898-3677 by March 21; $10, free/PENNCard
holders and their families.
- Building Asian American Studies at Penn: Contexts and Prospects;
Gail M. Nomura, Michigan; Gary Okihiro, Cornell; Linda Min, ASAM Undergraduate Advisory Board; Mark
Chiang, English and Asian American Studies; Grace Kao, Sociology and Asian American Studies;
5-7 p.m.; Franklin Room, Houston Hall (Asian American Studies).
- 24 The Expanded Job Market for Science Ph.D.'s: A program for Doctoral
Students; Linda Pullan, Zeneca Pharmaceuticals; Karen Kreeger, The Scientist; Peter Kramer,
Center for Technology Transfer; 4-6 p.m.; Room A2, David Rittenhouse Labs; registration required:
8-7530 or firstname.lastname@example.org (CPPS and Vice Provost for Graduate Education).
- 26 1997 Afro-American Studies Scholar in Residence Program; title change to:
Jazz in Motion: Black Traditions in Tap; Program: talk and footage of famous black tapdance and
- 20 Faculty/Undergrad Reception;
4-5 p.m.; Undergrad Lounge, Stiteler Hall (Political Science).
- 21 BGLAD Annual Celebration Week;
(Women's Center). Through March 28.
- 24 Sista 2 Sista meeting;
7 p.m.; Penn Women's Center (Women's Center).
- 25 PEARL Dinner at the PWC;
time: TBA (Women's Center).
- 21 Women's Tennis vs. Richmond,
2 p.m.; Levy/Lott Courts.
- 22 Women's Crew vs. Navy/Georgetown (Class of '91 Plate);
- Softball vs. Coppin State,
1 p.m.; Warren Field.
- Men's Tennis vs. Penn St.,
1 p.m.; Men's Tennis vs. St. Joseph's, 5 p.m.; Levy/Lott
- Men's Outdoor Track Quaker Invitational;
- Women's Outdoor Track Quaker Invitational;
- 25 Men's Lacrosse vs. Lafayette,
7 p.m.; Franklin Field.
- Men's Tennis vs. Swarthmore;
5 p.m.; Levy/Lott Courts.
- 28 Baseball vs. Columbia,
Noon; Bower Field.
- Softball vs. Lehigh, 1:30 p.m.; Warren Field.
- Women's Tennis vs. Princeton,
2 p.m.; Levy/Lott Courts.
- 29 Men's Lightweight Crew vs. Rutgers (Lev Brett Cup);
- Women's Lacrosse vs. Harvard,
Noon; Franklin Field.
- Women's Outdoor Track Penn Invitational;
- 18 Out in the Classroom--Or Not;
4:30-6:30 p.m.; Room B-26, GSE Building (Out-Ed and GSE Student Activities).
- 20 Beverly Little Thunder;
Lakota pipe carrier, speaks about her journey as a Native
American, lesbian, mother, grandmother, spiritual leader, activist; 6-8 p.m.; Women's Center
(Women's Studies and Christian Ass'n and Women's Center).
- 25 Emering Insights into the Roles of the Amyloid Precursor Protein and Pesenilins
in Alzheimer's Disease; David Cook, pathology and laboratory medicine; 4 p.m.; Conference
Room, Richards Building (Physiology).
- 26 Trends in Campus Sexual Violence Policies and Programs;
Jessie Minier; Susan Villari; health education office; 3-4:25 p.m.; Room C-12, GSE Building (GSE Students Activities).