MARCH AT PENN
- 31 Yiddish in the University;
Dan Ben-Amos, folklore & folklife, moderator, Kathryn
Hellerstein, Germanic languages and literature, Rakhmiel Peltz and Jeffery Shandler, Center for
Judaic Studies & Columbia, Ellen Prince, linguistics, Chava Weissler, Lehigh, speakers; 5-7 p.m.;
Room B-21, Stitler Hall (Jewish Studies Program and Germanic Languages and Literature).
- 31 Penn Baroque and Recorder Ensembles;
directed by Gwyn Roberts; 8 p.m.; Bodek Lounge, Houston Hall; free.
- 25 Men's Tennis vs. Swarthmore;
5 p.m.; Levy/Lott Courts.
- Men's Lacrosse vs. Lafayette; 7 p.m.; Franklin Field.
- 28 Baseball vs. Columbia;
noon; Bower Field.
- Softball vs. Lehigh; 1:30 p.m.; Warren Field.
- Women's Tennis vs. Princeton; 2 p.m.; Levy/Lott Courts.
- 29 Men's Lightweight Crew vs. Rutgers (Lev Brett Cup);
- Women's Outdoor Track Penn Invitational;
- Women's Lacrosse vs. Harvard; noon; Franklin Field.
- Softball vs. Delaware State; 1:30 p.m.; Warren Field.
- 25 The Heritage of Agatharcus: On Perspective and Theatre in Western Painting;
David Summers, Virginia; 5:30 p.m.; Room B-2, Meyerson Hall (History of Art).
- 26 The Crisis of Experience in a Post-Subjective Age;
Martin Jay, UC Berkeley; 4:30 p.m.; Room 329A, 3401 Walnut Street (History).
- 28 The Ottoman Empire: View from the Periphery;
Beshara Doumani, history; 2:30 p.m.; Room 421, Williams Hall (Middle East Center and Turkish Student Association).
Brunelleschi's First Perspective Demonstration;
David Summers, Virginia; 3 p.m.; Room B-2 Meyerson Hall (History of Art).
- 31 N-cadherin/beta-catenin complex: a necessary component of early heart development;
Kersti K. Linask, UMDNJ, 2 p.m., Physiology Dept. Conference Room, Richards Building
(Pennsylvania Muscle Institute).
Deadlines: The deadline for the May at Penn calendar is
April 15. The deadline for the weekly update is the Monday prior to the week of publication.
Volume 43 Number 27
March 25, 1997
Return to Almanac's homepage.
Return to index for this issue.