APRIL AT PENN
- 1 Metahistorical Musings: History Writing in Japan and Elsewhere at the End of the Millennium; Carol Gluck, Columbia University; 4:30 p.m.; History Lounge, 329 A, 3401 Walnut Street (Annenberg Seminar--History Department).
- 2 A Reading of Magic City; Jewell Parker Rhodes, Arizona State University; 4:30 p.m.; Writers House, 3805 Locust Walk (Writers House & Center for the Study of Black Literature and Culture.
- 3 Would Jesus Join the Christian Coalition?; Ron Sider, Evangelicals for Social Action; 4-6 p.m.; Room B-26, Stiteler Hall (Office of the Chaplain & Penn Graduate Christian Fellowship).
- 8 Greek Jews in the Christian Byzantine World: A Lost Chapter in the History of Judaism (illustrated); Nicholas De Lange, Cambridge University; 7-9 p.m.; Class of '55 Room, 2nd Floor, Van Pelt Library (Jewish Studies).
- 9 Political Action, Community Involvement, and the Ethical Principle of Social Justice; Fred Newdom, president, BCRS and Rufus Lynch, president, PA NASW; 7-9 p.m.; Room B6, Stiteler Hall (SSW Chapter, Bertha Capen Reynolds Society).
Deadlines: The deadline for the May at Penn calendar is April 15. The deadline for the weekly update is the Monday prior to the week of publication.
Volume 43 Number 28
April 1, 1997
Return to Almanac's homepage.
Return to index for this issue.