ICA Photography Lecture Series: April 29-May 27
This five-week course is entitled Focus: Critical Perspectives on Photography and meets every Tuesday evening from 6-7:30 p.m. Lectures will explore selected aspects of photography and the effects of new technologies. Individual lectures are $12 for members, $16 for non-members. The entire series is $50 for members, $70 for non-members. For reservations call: 898-7108. Lectures are as follows:
- April 29 The Quarrel Over Realism: Photography Between Wars;
Matthew Drutt, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, NY.
- May 6 Documentary Eyes; Stephen Perloff, editor, The Photo Review and The Photograph Collector.
- May 13 The Conceptual Moment: Theoretical Photography;
William E. Williams, Haverford College.
- May 20 Photograph and Controversy; Wendy Steiner, English.
- May 27 Photography After Photography: Representation in the Digital Age;
Jeannie Pearce, University of the Arts.
Volume 43 Number 31
April 22, 1997
Return to Almanac's homepage.
Return to index for this issue.