Senate Leadership for 1997-98
The trio informally known as the "tri-chairs," who meet regularly with the President and Provost throughout the year, are, left to right, the Faculty Senate's Past Chair, Dr. Peter Kuriloff; the incoming Chair, Dr. Vivian Seltzer; and the newly elected Chair-elect, Professor John Keene. See below for the full slate elected by the Faculty Senate.
SENATE -- From the Senate Office
The following agenda is published in accordance with the Faculty Senate Rules. Questions may be directed to Carolyn Burdon either by telephone at 898-6943 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Agenda of the Senate Executive Committee Meeting
Wednesday, May 7, 1997, 3-4:30 p.m.
- Approval of the minutes of April 2 and 16, 1997
- Chair's Report
- Past Chair's Report on activities of the Academic Planning and Budget Committee and on the Capital Council
- Report of the Senate Committee on Students and Educational Policy
- Report of the Senate Committee on Administration
- Proposals from the Senate Committee on the Faculty for new faculty appointments in the Graduate School of Education and the Wharton School
- Report of the Senate Committee on the Faculty on Affirmative Action
- Continued discussion on vendor policy with Vice President Carol Scheman
- Selection of four SEC members to serve 1997-98 on the University Council Steering Committee
- Determine whether SEC meeting scheduled for June 4 should be held
- Other new business
- Adjournment by 4:30 p.m. immediately followed by a reception
for members of the Senate Executive Committee and members of Senate committees
Faculty Senate Officers Elected for 1997-98
No additional nominations were received by the deadline and therefore the Senate Nominating Committee's slate of nominees is hereby declared
elected. Effective May 7, 1997 the Faculty Senate Officers for the coming year will be:
- Chair: Vivian Seltzer (social work)
- Past Chair: Peter J. Kuriloff (education)
- Chair-elect: John C. Keene (city & regional plng)
- Secretary: Jack Nagel (political science)
- Past Secretary: David B. Hackney (radiology/medicine)
- Secretary-elect: Margaret Mills (folklore & folklife)
- Newly elected as at-large members of the Senate Executive Committee for 3-year terms:
Larry D. Gladney (physics),
Howard Lesnick (law),
Ann O'Sullivan (nursing), and
Daniel D. Perlmutter (chemical engr).
- Newly elected as an at-large member of the Senate Executive Committee for a 2-year term:
Barry S. Cooperman (chemistry).
- Newly elected as an assistant professor member of the Senate Executive Committee for a 2-year term:
Julie Fairman (nursing).
- Newly elected to the Senate Committee on Academic Freedom and Responsibility for 3-year terms:
Jere R. Behrman (economics),
Oscar Gandy (communication), and
Edward N. Pugh (psychology).
- Newly elected to the Senate Committee on Conduct for 2-year terms:
Joan Goodman (education),
M. Susan Lindee (hist.&sociol sci); and
Edward R. Thornton (chemistry).
- For 1-year terms:
Vivian L. Gadsden (education) and
Hermann Pfefferkorn (geology).
- Newly elected to the Senate Committee on the Economic Status of the Faculty for 3-year terms:
Jane Barnsteiner (nursing) and
Rebecca Maynard (education).
The terms of the new Faculty Senate Officers and the newly elected members of the Senate Executive Committee begin with the taking up of new
business at the Senate Executive Committee meeting scheduled for May 7, 1997. The terms of the newly elected members of the Committees on
Academic Freedom and Responsibility, Conduct, and Economic Status of the Faculty begin on May 1. Full committee memberships will be published
this Fall in Almanac, or please contact Carolyn
Burdon, Box 12 College Hall/6303; tel: 898-6943; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volume 43 Number 33
May 6, 1997
Return to Almanac's homepage.
Return to index for this issue.