The New Phonebook: In Print & On-Line
Information in the white pages is also available on-line, via the University's Directory Services web page at https://medley.isc-seo.upenn.edu/directory/jsp/fast.do. The on-line directory information will be updated biweekly. Corrections, omissions, or changes to the 1997-98 Faculty and Staff Telephone Directory should be typed and faxed to the Business Services Office at 898-0488 or submitted via email:bui@ pobox. upenn.edu. To order additional copies of the Telephone Directory or inquire about orders please contact Corinne Bui at 898-9155.
Historic Logan Hall: As Penn reoccupies the second oldest building on this "new" campus--in the spring semester 1998--it will celebrate the fourth phase of a landmark building by Thomas Webb Richards, Penn's first professor of architecture. Built in 1874 as Medical Hall, it became the first home of the Wharton School in 1906, and was named Logan (for a founding trustee of the University who had been William Penn's colonial officer). In 1952 it was transformed again, to house the College and other offices. Now, with its five-year restoration nearly complete, Logan Hall is not changing hands again, but awaits the return of the College Office and the SAS Departments of Classical Studies, History and Sociology of Science, Philosophy, and Religious Studies, along with the Women's Studies Program.