Agenda Wednesday, January 28, 4 to 6 p.m.
McClelland Hall, The Quadrangle
- I. Approval of Moderator (1 minute).
- II. Approval of the minutes of December 3, 1997, meeting (1 minute).
- III. Status Reports by the President, Interim Provost, Chair of Steering,
and Chairs of GAPSA, UA, PPSA and A-3 Assembly. (15 minutes for reports
- IV. Oral interim committee discussions with Council members (1997-98
committees) (8 minutes each):
- A. Admissions and Financial Aid
- B. Communications
- C. Community Relations
- D. Personnel Benefits
- E. Recreation and Intercollegiate Athletics
- V. Second Phase of Benefits Redesign (15 minutes).
- VI. Open Forum (45 minutes) (see topics below).
- VII. New business (3 minutes).
- VIII.Adjournment by 6 p.m.
Topics in the Open Forum January 28, 1998
- The issues for the University Council Public Forum in the order in
which they will be addressed are:
- Funding for research on campus
- Perelman Quadrangle effects on students
- How Council can be more effective
- Penn students and staff with disabilities are overlooked
- Sexual minority studies
- University investment policy
- Martin Luther King Day being official day of service
- Lack of facilities for LGBA
- Ties between Wharton and Chinese government
- Trend of outsourcing at the University
- Presentations will be limited to 3 minutes. Issues that are not on
the schedule will be accommodated if time allows. The University Council
meeting is from 4 to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, January 28, in McClelland Hall,
the Quadrangle. A PENNCard is needed to enter the Quadrangle. The meeting
is open to any member of the University Community who wishes to attend
subject to space limitations. We suggest that people interested in the
Open Forum arrive at 5 p.m.
-- Office of the Secretary
Return to:Almanac, University of Pennsylvania, January
27, 1998, Volume 44, Number 19