25 Whither the Whiteness of Whiteness:
The Problem of Passing as an Analytic Category; Earl Lewis, Michigan;
4:30 p.m.; Room 329A, 3401 Walnut (History; Afro-American Studies).
- 26 A Gap in an Ellipsis Paradigm: Some
Theoretical Implications; Howard Lasnik, UConn; 4:30 p.m.; IRCS, 400A,
3401 Walnut (IRCS).
- How to Have a Fiscal Crisis, Philadelphia-Style; Robert Inman,
finance and economics; 5-7 p.m.; Room 285-86 McNeil (Urban Studies).
- Invisible Bibliographies: The Case of the Saxon Sisters-Three
17th-Century Women Writers; Mara R. Wade, Illinois; 8 p.m.; Max Kade
German Center (Germanic Languages & Literatures; Germanic Association).
- 27 Dual Career Couples and Academic
Jobs; Jacqui Sadashige, classical studies; noon-1 p.m.; Room 285-86
- Linguistic Determinism and Theory of Mind; Jill de Villiers,
Smith College; noon-1:45 p.m.; IRCS, Room 400A, 3401 Walnut (IRCS).
- The Geography of U.S. Environmentalism: Policy Implications;
Clinton Andrews, Rutgers; 12:15 p.m.; Room 1203, Steinberg Hall-Dietrich
Hall (Institute for Environmental Studies).
24 Registration period for Intramural
Tennis and Billiards Tournament, through March 3. See www.upenn.edu/recreation
for deadlines & schedules or call 898-8383.
Combined Issue March 3/10
Today, February 24, is the deadline for the Update that will appear
in the March 3/10 issue; that Update will cover two weeks--March 4 through
18--since there will be no issue during spring break. Staff will be on
duty to assist contributors. The deadline
for the April At Penn calendar is March 17.
Return to:Almanac, University of Pennsylvania, February
24, 1998, Volume 44, Number 23