Open Enrollment: April 8-17
- This year's Open Enrollment period--the time when faculty and staff
can change some elements of their benefits packages for 1998-99--will be
held from Wednesday, April 8, through Friday, April 17. To prepare for
it, Human Resources will be sending information packets to faculty and
staff members' homes in the latter part of March. Benefits Fairs,
including information sessions on a new benefit called Long Term Care*
options, will be held from Monday, April 6, through Thursday, April 16.
Human Resources will provide more specific information as plans are finalized.
- * Coverage of the PPSA/A-3 Assembly joint session, where this new benefit
was first announced, will appear in Almanac March 17; there is no
issue during Spring Break.
Q & A Sessions on Paid Time Off : March 9 and
- Do you have questions about Paid Time Off (PTO)? There will be answers
at the following Brown Bag Sessions in Houston Hall, open to all.
- Monday, March 9, 1998
- Session I - noon to 1 p.m.
- Session II - 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Ben Franklin Room, 2nd floor, HH
- Monday, March 23, 1998
- Session III - noon to 1 p.m.
- Session IV - 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Smith-Penniman Room, 2nd floor, HH
- Staff and supervisors are invited to bring their own lunch and refreshments
will be provided by Human Resources. Soft drinks, juices and cookies will
be served. No reservations are needed.
- Paid Time Off information can be found on the web site at http://www.hr.upenn.edu/. If you have questions
or need more information, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call Staff and Labor Relations at 898-6093.
-- Division of Human Resources
Summer Gymnastics Camp
- For seven weeks starting in early June, the Summer Gymnastics Camp
at Penn will provide children with gymnastics instruction on Olympic apparatus
by champion gymnasts. The camp is led by Penn's head gymnastics coach Tom
- The Camp also offers swimming in Hutchinson Complex, activities at
Franklin Field, arts and crafts, children's movies, and a visit to the
- There are seven one-week sessions beginning June 8, June 15, June 22,
June 29, July 6, July 13, and July 20. The week's schedule is Monday through
Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., but parents can drop their children off at 8:45
a.m. and pick them up at 5:15 p.m. at Hutchinson Gym.
- The cost is $200 per person per session. For registration forms, contact
Mr. Kovic, 898-5316.
Return to: Almanac, University of Pennsylvania, March
3/10, 1998, Volume 44, Number 24