SUMMER AT PENN
- 6/19 Trustees Inaugural Exhibit;
works by trustees and their spouses; Bob & Penny Fox Student Art Gallery,
lower level, Logan Hall. Tuesday-Friday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Through July 3.
- 6/18 CGS Summer Open Houses; graduate
and undergraduate degree programs for adult students; meet advisors and
current students; application materials, door prizes, refreshments; 5:30-7:30
p.m.; Suite 100, 3440 Market St. Reservations: 898-7326. Also July 15;
August 11. (CGS).
- 6/25 Sister Circle: Picnic at the Bio-Pond;
sharing fairytales and fables; noon-1 p.m.; meet at CA; info: 386-1530
- Star Gazing Nights; open observatory nights; Thursdays throughout
the summer; 9-10:30 p.m.; rooftop, DRL; info: 898-5995 or http://dept.
physics.upenn.edu/~maraziti/observatory.html (Physics & Astronomy).
- 6/18 Sister Circle: Christian Science
Tradition; discussion "for thinking women of spirit"; noon-1
p.m.; 3601 Locust Walk; info: 386-1530 (CA).
- 7/8 Closing Party and Plant Sale for
Stacy Levy Exhibition; "plants" are actually works of art
created for the installation: metal stems topped with plastic, leather,
metal and other materials; 5:30-7:30 p.m.; $1/stem; ICA; info: 898-7108
CGS Penn Summer Sessions
- Most events are open to any member of the Penn community*. Interested
staff and faculty: call 573-9054 for reservations. Vans depart from Spruce
Street in front of Houston Hall. Please arrive at pick-up spot 15 minutes
before departure times.
- Rainy Day Events; (date varies) contact Writers House on a
rainy day to confirm; movies based on classic books; discussion to follow;
3 p.m.; Writers House; info: 573-WRIT.
- 6/16 Baseball: Phillies vs. Pirates;
"Dollar a Dog Day" at the Vet; 6:30 p.m.; fee: $7.
- 6/18 Open-Air Orchestra at the Mann*;
evening of classical music outdoors; Maximiano Valdes conducts; 7:15 p.m.;
free admission. *Attendance at this event is limited, and some restrictions
Almanac, Vol. 44, No. 35, June 16, 1998
PAGE | CONTENTS
| BETWEEN ISSUES
at PENN |