Coda: Spring Fling ... a Dorm Fire

An accidental fire in Hamilton House was the only major public safety incident of the Spring Fling weekend, which Public Safety's Vice President Tom Seamon called the quietest Fling since he came here in 1995. Sixteen citations were issued to students at entry points to various dorms where guards checked for alcohol.

Philadelphia Fire Marshal investigators say the Saturday night blaze on the 11th Floor of the high-rise appears to have been caused by the explosion of a computer monitor, according to Harry Cusick, director of fire and occupuational safety. The room was destroyed but no one was injured.


Almanac, Vol. 45, No. 29, April 20, 1999

 FRONT PAGE | CONTENTS | JOB-OPS | CRIMESTATS | OF RECORD: Campus Safety and Security: A Shared Responsibility | TALK ABOUT TEACHING | BETWEEN ISSUES | APRIL at PENN