Ella T. Grasso Literary Award: On the Italian-American
The purpose of this award is to recognize the writing of essays and
short stories on the Italian-American Experience. This could include personal
recollection, thoughts on being an Italian-American or appreciation of one's
own Italian heritage.
Eligibility: Any living United States
Citizen over the age of eighteen is eligible to submit entries. Members
of UNICO National or their spouses are excluded.
Prizes: Three prizes will be awarded:
First Prize of $1,500; Second Prize of $750; and Third Prize of $500. Winners
will be notified by June 15, 2001.
Rules: The following rules apply:
- All entries must be original, unpublished essays or short stories of
not less than 1,500 nor more than 2,000 words.
- Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, originality, literary
merit and suitability for publication.
- The topic must relate to the Italian-American Experience.
- All entries must be submitted on double-spaced, typewritten form in
duplicate on 8 1/2" x 11" paper.
- Written entries become the property of UNICO National for purposes
of publication in the UNICO magazine or any supplement. Authors retain
the right for publication elsewhere.
- Each entry must include the author's name, address, telephone number
and a signed statement that the eligibility requirements have been met.
- All entries must be postmarked no later than April 15, 2001,
and mailed to:
Ella T. Grasso Literary Award Contest
72 Burroughs Place
Bloomfield, NJ 07003-3496
Phone: (973) 748-9144
Almanac, Vol. 47, No. 11, November 7, 2000
PAGE | CONTENTS
| COUNCIL: Interim Report of Committee on Facilities--Campus Development
Plan 2000 | BENCHMARKS:
Library's 5 Millionth Volume | PENNs WAY
2001 | TALK
ABOUT TEACHING ARCHIVE | BETWEEN
ISSUES | NOVEMBER at PENN