Retirement Education Seminars
The following seminars will be presented by TIAA-CREF & the Vanguard
Group at Perelman Quadrangle/Houston Hall, in Bodek Lounge, on the 1st Floor.
No pre-registration is required.
- TIAA-CREF: Monday, December 4, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- New Faculty & Staff
- This presentation offers an overview of the University's new Tax-Deferred
Retirement Plan (TDR) and TIAA-CREF products and services available to
University employees. This presentation is appropriate for anyone new
to TIAA-CREF or has questions about the new TDR plan.
- TIAA-CREF: Monday, December 4, 1-2 p.m.
- Reaching Your Financial Goals
- This presentation will help you identify personal financial goals
and describe TIAA-CREF's pension and non-pension products that can be used
to help you meet them. The seminar is designed for anyone who is interested
in finding out about additional savings opportunities.
- The Vanguard Group: Tuesday, December 5, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. &
- New Faculty & Staff
- This presentation will give participants an overview of the new Tax
Deferred Retirement plan (TDR) and the investment products and services
available through The Vanguard Group of mutual funds. This discussion is
appropriate for new eligible faculty, staff, and new TDR participants wishing
to diversify their plan assets.
- The Vanguard Group: Thursday, December 7, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Take Charge of Your Savings
- This presentation will focus on the options available to rebalance
your investment portfolio, maximize your contributions through Supplemental
retirement accounts, asset allocation, age- appropriate asset balance,
savings options, Roth vs. traditional IRA's, adding/changing your investment
fund selections. This segment is designed for mid-career participants and
those interested in-depth investment strategies to meet. their retirement
- The Vanguard Group: Thursday, December 7, 1-2 p.m.
- Retirement Distribution Options
- This presentation is designed for faculty and staff age 50 and over
who are planning to retire and need guidance on the process, distribution
options, tax and beneficiary planning, as well as post-retirement investment
- TIAA-CREF: Friday, December 8, 11:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.
- Developing an Investment Strategy
- This presentation will educate the audience about key issues to consider
when developing an investment strategy. The program will emphasize the
most effective way to overcome challenges to investing, understand the
methodology behind risk tolerance and asset allocation among various asset
classes and sub-asset classes.
- TIAA-CREF: Friday, December 8, 1-2 p.m.
- Retirement Distribution Flexibilities
- The presentation will educate current participants about the retirement
preparation process and explain TIAA-CREF's income flexibilities at retirement.
It is designed for faculty and staff age 50 and over in the process of
planning for retirement and looking for guidance on selecting the most
suitable retirement distribution option using a needs-based approach.
Programs for New Bolton Center: January 31, 2001 & Morris Arboretum:
January 25, 2001.
--Division of Human Resources
Almanac, Vol. 47, No. 13, November 21, 2000
PAGE | CONTENTS
| UPDATE on SECURITY ISSUES | PENNs WAY 2001: Week 3 | OPERATION
SANTA CLAUS | TALK
ABOUT TEACHING ARCHIVE | BETWEEN
ISSUES | DECEMBER at PENN