Penn Family Day: Saturday, October 8
Join us Saturday, October 8 for the 13th annual Penn Family Day. Faculty and staff are invited to bring your family members and friends to cheer on the Penn football team, watch a Penn women’s volleyball game, explore the Penn Museum, or go skating at the Penn Ice Rink. No matter what activities you plan to enjoy, be sure to come to the Penn Family Tailgate Party first.
You must bring your faculty/staff PennCard for admission to all events, and tickets are also required for admission to the Tailgate Party and football game. This year, you can receive up to four tickets for free, and additional tickets are just $5 each. See below for details.
Penn Family Tailgate Party: 1–3 p.m. (Tickets required)
(Franklin Field, North Parking Lot, 33rd Street between Walnut and South)
• Picnic lunch, children’s activities (balloons, face-painting, 25’ slide, and more), Penn Marching Band and Cheerleaders, Public Safety display, sports injury prevention information, and GM cars.
Penn Football Game:* 3:30 p.m. (Tickets required)
(Franklin Field, 33rd and Spruce Streets)
• Penn vs. Bucknell
Penn Museum: 1–4 p.m.
(3260 South Street)
• Free admission, Museum Shop discounts, special children’s activities
• 1:30 p.m. African Gallery tour
Penn Ice Rink: 4–5:30 p.m.
(3130 Walnut Street)
• Free admission and discounted skate rentals
Penn Women’s Volleyball Game: 4 p.m.
(Palestra, 33rd Street between Walnut and South Streets)
• Penn vs. Dartmouth
* Go to www.pennathletics.com and click on the “Tickets” link at the top of the page for information on free football tickets for Penn faculty/staff and your families, for other games this season.
Tickets: Please be prepared to show your faculty/staff PennCard at all events.
• Tickets are not needed for the Museum, the Ice Rink, or the Women’s Volleyball Game and admission is free for you and your guests.
For complete event details and ticket order form go to www.hr.upenn.edu/quality/staffrecognition.asp and select “Penn Family Day.”
Deadlines: Order tickets via intramural mail or in person at the Athletic Ticket Office, by the following deadlines:
• September 28–Intramural mail received.
• October 3–Orders placed in person at the Athletic Ticket Office.
Free Parking: Enjoy free parking at Garage #37 (34th and Chestnut) when you show your faculty/staff PennCard.
Questions? Contact Human Resources at QOWL@hr.upenn.edu or call 898-5116.
—Division of Human Resources
Almanac, Vol. 52, No. 3, September 13, 2005