Riding SEPTA Sensibly
With recent ridership increases on public transit, I would like to offer some tips for SEPTA bus passengers that will improve the speed and quality of their ride:
• Have your fare ready prior to boarding the bus; use cheaper pre-purchased passes or tokens.
• Enter through the front door and exit through the rear door only.
• Please move all the way back; there are plenty of seats and room in the rear.
• If people are blocking the aisle or doors, speak up and tell them to move back.
• Eating, drinking, and smoking are strictly prohibited on SEPTA vehicles.
• Promptly report any service problems to SEPTA Customer Service at (215) 580-7800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
By following these common sense policies, passengers can make their trip more pleasant and efficient.
—Nikola Sizgorich, IT Support Specialist,
School of Medicine Information Services
|Speaking Out welcomes reader contributions. Short, timely letters on University issues will be accepted by Thursday at noon for the following Tuesday’s issue, subject to right-of-reply guidelines. Advance notice of intention to submit is appreciated. —Eds.
Almanac, Vol. 52, No. 10, November 1, 2005