The following agenda is published in accordance with the Faculty Senate Rules. Any member of the standing faculty can attend SEC meetings and observe. Questions may be directed to Senate Chair Neville Strumpf at (215) 898-8802, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty Senate Executive Committee Agenda
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Room 205 College Hall, 2:30 to 5 p.m.
1. Approval of minutes from February 22, 2006 (1 minute)
2. Chair’s Report (10 minutes)
Penn Association of Senior and Emeritus Faculty (PASEF)
University Faculty Senate Symposium—Possible Diversity Theme
Future SEC agendas
Resignation of Kristine Kelly
Announce appointment of Chair for Senate Committee on Committees
Nomination suggestions for 2006 SEC membership
3. Past Chair’s Report (3 minutes)
4. President and Provost’s Updates on the University (1 hour)
H. Carton Rogers III, Vice Provost and Director of Libraries
5. Discussion of GSE Proposal: To add “Associate Practice Professor” and “Senior Lecturer” as
types of faculty appointments in the GSE (30 minutes)
Dr. Stanton Wortham, Professor and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, GSE
Jessie Harper, Manager of Academic Affairs, GSE
6. Handbook Language on Appointment to More Than One Department (15 minutes)
7. Report from the Senate Committee on Faculty Development, Diversity and Equity: Mentoring
Report (15 minutes).
Dr. Sherill Adams, Professor & Chair of Biochemistry, Dental Medicine
8. Solicitation for Consultation Topics and questions for the President and Provost (5 minutes)