|SENATE From the Senate Office
September 5, 2006, Volume 53, No. 2
Under the Faculty Senate Rules, formal notification to members may be accomplished by publication in Almanac. The following is published under that rule.
TO: Members of the Faculty Senate
FROM: Vincent Price, Chair
SUBJECT: Senate “At-Large” Nominations 2006-2007
1. In accordance with the Faculty Senate Rules, official notice is given of the Senate Nominating Committee’s slate of nominees for the incoming Senate Officers. The nominees, all of whom have indicated their willingness to serve, are:
At-large Members of the Senate Executive Committee
(to serve a 3-year term beginning upon election):
• Sohrab Rabii (School of Engineering & Applied Science)
• Margaret Beale Spencer (Graduate School of Education)
• James Ross (School of Arts & Sciences/Philosophy)
• Emma Furth (School of Medicine/Pathology & Lab Med.)
2. Again in accord with the Senate Rules you are invited to submit “additional nominations, which shall be accomplished via petitions containing at least 25 valid names and the signed approval of the candidate. All such petitions must be received no later than 14 days subsequent to the circulation of the nominees of the Nominating Committee. Nominations will automatically be closed 14 days after circulation of the slate of the Nominating Committee.” Petitions must be received by mail at the Faculty Senate, Box 12 College Hall/6303, or by hand at the Faculty Senate Office, 109 Duhring Wing by 5 p.m., Tuesday, September 19, 2006.
3. Under the same provision of the Senate Rules, if no additional nominations are received, the slate nominated by the Nominating Committee will be declared elected. Should additional nominations be received, an election will thereafter be held by mail ballot.