Loading
Print This Issue
Subscribe:
E-Almanac

Penn’s Enhanced Landscape Architecture
November 7, 2006, Volume 53, No. 11

Hamilton Village
Kelly Writers House Garden
Streetcar Replica
Hamilton Village: Redesign and installation of site amenities as part of College House renovations. Extended landscape campus standard west of 38th Sreet: brick walks, granite curbs, lighting and benches.
Class of 1942 Garden at Kelly Writers House: Newly designed and renovated garden area at the east side of KWH; includes tables and chairs, new plantings, stone terrace and poetry pavers.
Class of 1956 Trolley at 37th and Spruce: Class gift recently unveiled, replica of streetcar from the 1950s placed over steps to SEPTA subway system. Displays evolution of the trolley system and campus walks; establishes future Woodland Walk alignment.
Streetscape Improvements
Bok Garden at Fisher-Bennett Hall
Memorial Garden at Van Pelt-Dietrich Library
Streetscape Improvements: New tree installation with cobble pavers along 3400 block of Walnut Street.
Bok Garden at Fisher-Bennett Hall: Renovated lower garden entrance to south side of building, new paved bluestone terrace, seating walls with tables and chairs.
Memorial Garden at Van Pelt-Dietrich Library: Upgraded walk and paved areas; installed benches, irrigation and lighting; new groundcover, flowers and shrubs.
Plateau by Andrea Blum
Photographs by Robert Lundgren
Campus Site Improvements
Plateau by Andrea Blum: New sculpture as part of Redevelopment Authority’s 1% for art program; installed as part of 40th Street’s commercial corridor.
 
Campus Site Improvements: replacing benches across campus with new campus standard. New signage program included identification blades, building signage and maps. Flower plantings at high impact, public spaces and intimate specialty gardens.
Almanac - November 7, 2006, Volume 53, No. 11