|Nano/Bio Call for Proposals: Innovation Awards
January 30, 2007, Volume 53, No. 20
The Nano/Bio Interface Center (NBIC) announces a call for proposals for the Innovation Award Program for awards beginning September 2007. The Innovation Award Program facilitates new research in areas of interest to the mission of the Center. The goals of the program are two-fold:
• to explore research directions that shape the evolution of NBIC core research, and
• to expand the Nano/Bio Interface research across the campus.
Typical grants are $30k-$50k for a 12-month period.
To apply for an Innovation Award submit an electronic version of a proposal to the NBIC via Natasha Charles (firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 7, 2007. Forms for proposal submission can be found on the web at: http://nanotech.upenn.edu/downloads/innov_proposal.pdf.
The proposal should include:
• A description of the technical issue that will be addressed
• An outline of the approach that will be taken
• Relation to NBIC current or potential research directions
• Impact expected from the results (including proposals that will be submitted based on the results)
• Tangible outcome of any previous Innovation Awards (including proposals that were funded based on the results)
• 2 page CV
The project description should be on the order of 2-3 pages. Proposals will be evaluated by the NBIC Executive Committee and notification of awards will be made by February 20, 2007.