|Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day: Thursday, April 26
March 27, 2007, Volume 53, No. 27
If you have children ages 9–15, bring them to Penn for “Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day.” On April 26, Human Resources will sponsor a range of special activities across campus for this annual event. You must register in order to participate, so visit the HR website at www.hr.upenn.edu/quality/daughterson.asp beginning at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, March 27, for details on activities and for instructions on how to pre-register.
It’s important to note that:
1. Sponsors must accompany their young guests at all times.
2. All participants must have supervisory approval.
3. Pre-registration is required for all sessions.
4. Each registration represents one adult and one child guest.
5. If you would like to bring more than one child as a guest, please contact Human Resources to see if this is feasible.
6. Small venue activities (those that allow for 20 or fewer adult registrants) are limited to one registration per family.*
*This is a change from previous years. Because they can only accommodate a small number of participants, these activities tend to fill up quickly. In the interest of fairness, we’re spreading out access to these popular activities by limiting registration to one per household. You can still register for as many of the larger venue presentations as you like.
Sample Workshops & Activities: • Robot Lab Fun • Beginning Rock Climbing • Photo Dark Room Activities • Thinking About Your Future and How to Get to the Career of Your Dreams • University Museum Tour • Police and Public Safety Careers • Fun with Physics • Penn Relay Track Meet Tickets • WXPN Radio Station Tour • Cupcake Decorating Demonstration • Society for Women Engineers—Science Experiments • Annenberg Backstage Tours
Discount meal and beverage options will also be available throughout the day. For information and a complete list of activities, go to www.hr.upenn.edu/quality/daughterson.asp. If you have questions or need assistance, contact Human Resources at (215) 573-2471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
—Division of Human Resources