|Three New Transit Stops
January 29, 2008, Volume 54, No. 19
Business Services Division’s (BSD) Parking and Transportation Department has added three new Transit Stops. The new stops are located at:
• Penn Vet’s Rosenthal Bldg., 3800 Spruce St.
• Penn Dental’s Schnattner Bldg., 240 S. 40th St.
• HUP’s Gates Pavilion, Spruce St. between 34th and 36th Streets
All Penn Transit vehicles including Penn Bus West, Penn Bus East, and Penn Shuttles will service the new stops.
The new transit stops are part of a series of enhancements to the University’s comprehensive safety initiative which were announced last semester. Other enhancements included:
• Penn Transit’s Late Night Center City Shuttle;
• Roving security patrols in Penn Parking Facilities;
• Additional police overtime hours to supplement the already high level of police and security patrols;
• The installation of new security cameras between 40th and 43rd Streets; and
• A new lighting program to increase pedestrian lighting on and off campus.
Penn’s Division of Public Safety is working with BSD on security enhancements for the new transit stops, including cameras and emergency phones. Until these enhancements can be completed, BSD has arranged for security officers to be at each stop during Penn Transit’s operating hours.
For more information, visit Penn Transit’s website at: www.upenn.edu/transportation.