|Knowledge Link: Moving Toward an Integrated Training Portal
March 18, 2008, Volume 54, No. 25
How can I find my safety and compliance courses? Where do I register for self-improvement courses, take online courses, or view my training record? Where can I find the schedules for instructor-directed finance and administrative courses?
The answer to many of these questions is Knowledge Link.
Knowledge Link is a learning management system for faculty and staff at the University and the University of Pennsylvania Health System (UPHS). Knowledge Link offers to the many diverse training groups on-campus, and off-campus the opportunity for an integrated, enterprise-wide learning management tool. The benefits of this integration from a user’s standpoint are enormous.
In Knowledge Link, you can:
• View your required courses
• View optional courses available for your own professional development
• Register for courses (both web-based and instructor led)
• View your personalized training completion record (of courses currently in the Knowledge Link system)
• Print Certificates of Completion for your completed courses
• Track and report on your organization’s or department’s training completions
Knowledge Link is currently used by the University for its safety and research compliance training and administrative job skills training and by UPHS as its main education and training portal.
For a more complete introduction to Knowledge Link, go to the following links:
• Knowledge Link Help: www.uphs.upenn.edu/knowledge_link/
• School of Medicine Knowledge Link page: www.med.upenn.edu/oe/knowledgelink.shtml
• Knowledge Link login page: http://knowledgelink.upenn.edu
Related: Introducing the Penn Profiler Survey and Of Record: Penn Profiler Rollout begins in April.