I. Approval of the Minutes of October 22, 2008 University Council Meeting. (1 minute)
II. Follow Up Comments or Questions on Status Reports. (5 minutes)
III. Presentation by the Provost on the State of the University, including Discussion of Metrics Used by the University to Measure the Quality and Effectiveness of Programs at Penn. Presentation and Discussion. (40 minutes)
IV. Open Forum. (40 minutes)
1. Question regarding Penn’s relationship with HEI Hotels and Resorts.
2. Discussion of new student organization: Penn Students of Ailing Mothers and Fathers (AMF).
3. Why did Penn not cancel classes in honor of the Phillies World Series Parade?
4. Discussion of Penn’s promotion of energy education and the demand that still exists for resources that can deepen our understanding of the energy industry.
5. Discussion of issues of quality control, including technology in supplies, equipment and services.
6. Discussion of the proposed new hotel at 40th and Pine Streets.
V. New Business. (3 minutes)