|Penn GI Division and Olympus America, Inc.: Application Request
July 14, 2009,
Volume 56, No. 01
Pilot grants dealing with one of the following topics:
1. Cellular and tissue imaging and translation to GI diseases;
2. Outcomes research for endoscopic technologies and imaging;
3. Improving the management of difficult polypectamy with conventional or advanced methods;
4. Interventional endoscopic diagnosis and therapy
Applicants must be based at the University of Pennsylvania and should be at the level of Instructor or higher. If an Instructor, there should be a letter of support (1 page) from your Department Chair or Division Chief.
1. Submit all documents, in the format below, as one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Cover Page—should include an abstract up to 500 words and list approved or pending IACUC/IRB protocols (see www.med.upenn.edu/gastro/ClinicalTrials.shtml)
• NIH Biographical Sketch
• NIH Other Support
• Specific Aims
• Preliminary Data
• Research Design and Methods
• Bibliography—maximum of 1 page
• Budget—not to exceed $25,000 in direct costs.
• Budget Justification
2. Proposal can be based at any school in Penn and are encouraged to be multidisciplinary in nature. The deadline for proposals is August 28, 2009. Proposals should have a start date of October 1, 2009, with a 1year duration.
A final progress report is due one month after the close of the project period. The report will contain a one page synopsis of scientific progress, a list of resulting collaborations, publications, and grants.
If you have any additional questions, contact Angela Hay at email@example.com or (215) 573-8557.
—Dr. Anil K. Rustgi, Chief,Division of Gastroenterology