|Achieve Your Goals and Lose Weight: Special Discount for Penn Employees
September 22, 2009,
Volume 56, No. 04
The University of Pennsylvania’s Albert J. Stunkard Weight Management Program is a medically-supervised treatment program that provides the highest level of care in a setting of clinical and research excellence.
Our expert multi-disciplinary team works closely with patients to develop a customized treatment plan specific to each person’s weight and health needs.
Penn’s Healthy Alternative: Stunkard patients receive a nutritious, well-balanced diet. Patients:
• Lose an average of 25 pounds over 13 weeks.
• Have significantly reduced risk factors for heart disease and diabetes.
• Love the convenience, ease and great taste of our foods.
• Are not hungry or feeling deprived.
• Have a plan for long term success.
Current Group Treatment Programs Include:
Health First Program, designed to achieve maximum weight reduction and improve cardiovascular health. This program combines the use of meal replacements with prepared wholesome entrees, and fresh fruits and vegetables.
Encore Program, for long-term weight loss maintenance.
Additionally, individual nutrition and psychological counseling is offered for patients who are interested in even more personalized treatment.
The Stunkard Difference:
• Accessible–located right on campus at 3535 Market Street on the mezzanine level.
• Convenient–group meetings are scheduled directly after work hours as well as at lunch time.
• Affordable–employees receive a 10% discount on group programs.*
Pick the plan that’s right for you.
Try the “Stunkard At Home” Program, offering the same, nutritionally complete plan with the same great-tasting foods. We ship the food right to your door!
For more information or to register for a free orientation, call (215) 746-4100 or visit the website at www.med.upenn.edu/weightloss
*An additional 10% off group program and food costs for University and Health System employees. Several health insurers are now offering partial reimbursement for weight management programs. Contact your health insurance provider today!
—David Sarwer, associate professor of psychology in psychiatry and surgery,
director of Albert J. Stunkard Weight Management Program