|Did You Know?
November 17, 2009,
Volume 56, No. 12
“Did You Know” is a new monthly series that includes valuable tips to help you get the most out of the benefits and services offered by the Division of Human Resources.
Save More with Mail Order Prescription Drugs
For many of us, the cost of filling prescriptions can be a financial burden, especially when budgets are tight. Fortunately, there are ways to spend less and save more when it comes to your health care. One solution is using mail order for your prescription drug needs. It can be a more affordable and convenient way of getting your medications without compromising your health.
Penn’s mail order prescription drug program is available for long-term maintenance medications and offers several advantages:
• Your prescriptions are delivered directly to you—no need to go to the pharmacy every month.
• You can obtain a three-month (90-day) supply instead of having to refill your prescriptions each month.
• You’ll enjoy lower minimum and maximum coinsurance amounts.
• If you’re taking a brand name drug that doesn’t have a generic equivalent, you’ll pay a lower coinsurance.
• You can order refills over the phone or online.
If you’re looking for ways to easily manage your health and your budget, mail order prescriptions can help. Visit the Human Resources prescription drug coverage website at www.hr.upenn.edu/Benefits/Medical/Prescription.aspx for information on mail order prescriptions, cost structures, and more. You can also contact the Penn Benefits Center at 888-PENN-BEN (888-736-6236) for information.