|Call for Proposals: Innovation Awards: April 30
April 6, 2010,
Volume 56, No. 28
The Nano/Bio Interface Center (NBIC) announces a call for proposals for the Innovation Award Program for awards beginning September 2010. The Innovation Award Program facilitates new research in areas of interest to the mission of the center. The goals of the program are two-fold:
1) To explore research directions that shape the evolution of NBIC core research, and
2) To expand the nano/bio interface research across the campus.
Typical grants are $30,000 to $50,000 for a 12 month period. To apply for an Innovation Award, Penn faculty members can submit an electronic version of a proposal to the NBIC via Hong-Mei Li (email@example.com) by April 30, 2010. Proposal guidelines can be accessed at: http://nanotech.upenn.edu/downloads/innov_proposal.pdf. The proposal should include:
• A description of the technical issue that will be addressed
• An outline of the approach that will be taken
• Relation to NBIC current or potential research directions
• Impact expected from the results (including proposals that will be submitted based on the results)
• Tangible outcome of any previous Innovation Awards (including proposals that were funded based on the results)
• 2-page NSF-formatted CV
The project description should not exceed three pages. Proposals will be evaluated by the NBIC Executive Committee and notification of awards will be made by May 31, 2010.