Flu Shots for Faculty and Staff
October 19, 2010,
Volume 57, No. 08
The flu season is almost upon us. To help you prepare, the Division of Human Resources is again partnering with Occupational Medicine to provide flu shots on campus at a discounted cost for full- and part-time Penn faculty and staff.
When can I get a flu shot?
• Monday, November 8, 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
• Wednesday, November 10, 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
• Tuesday, November 16, 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
Where can I get a flu shot?
The shots will be administered at three convenient locations—the School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS), the Wharton School, and the School of Nursing. Location specifics are provided through the pre-registration process.
Please note that pre-registration is required. This allows us to be prepared for demand and manage lines in order to avoid long waits.
How do I pre-register for flu shots at Penn?
Pre-registering is easy—just visit the Human Resources website at www.hr.upenn.edu/quality/wellness/flushots.aspx. Keep in mind the following:
• You can register up until the day before the date you select.
• Since time slots fill up quickly, we encourage you to pre-register as soon as possible.
• The first and last time slots typically fill up most quickly, so you may want to try a middle time slot for easier registration.
What do I need to bring to the flu shot site?
• $25 cash (You may be eligible to receive reimbursement from your health care provider. Health insurance and pre-tax expense account reimbursement information will be available at each site.)
• Your PennCard
*Please wear clothes that provide easy access to your upper arm. If you come in the middle of the hour, your wait will most likely be shorter.
If you do not have computer access to register online or you have questions about this program or the pre-registration process, please contact HR at (215) 898-5116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty and staff are also welcome to join students at any of Student Health Service’s (SHS) three flu vaccine clinics. No appointment is necessary for SHS-provided shots.
• Wednesday, October 20: 11 a.m.–3 p.m., Claire Fagin Lobby, School of Nursing
• Wednesday, October 27: 11 a.m.–3 p.m., Hoover Lounge, Vance Hall, 3733 Spruce St.
Flu vaccines provided through SHS cost $25. Faculty and staff must pay in cash at the clinic. Receipt/proof of immunization (and UPHS ID badge notification stickers, if necessary) will be provided.
Additionally, CVS MinuteClinics and Walgreens Take Care Clinics are partnering to provide a comprehensive program offering flu immunizations. MinuteClinics are in many CVS pharmacies and Take Care Clinics are in select Walgreens nationwide. For hours and participating MinuteClinic locations, visit www.cvs.com or call 1-888-FLU-SHOT. For hours and participating Take Care Clinics locations, visit www.takecarehealth.com or call 1-866-TAKE-CARE.