|Consultative Committee for ICA Director
October 4, 2011,
Volume 58, No. 06
President Amy Gutmann and Provost Vincent Price announce the formation of an ad hoc consultative committee to advise on the selection of the next Director of the Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA). Claudia Gould, the Daniel Dietrich II Director of ICA, will leave Penn this month to become the Helen Goldsmith Menschel Director of the Jewish Museum in New York.
The members of the Ad Hoc Consultative Committee are:
- Marilyn Jordan Taylor, Dean and Paley Professor, School of Design (Chair)
- Karen Beckman, Director and Elliot and Roslyn Jaffe Professor of Film Studies;
Interim Chair and Professor of the History of Art, SAS
- Al Filreis, Kelly Professor of English, SAS; Director, Center for Programs in Contemporary Writing; Faculty Director, Kelly Writers House
- Andrea Laporte, University Trustee; Chair, Board of Overseers, ICA
- Joshua Mosley, Chair and Professor of Fine Arts, School of Design
- Katherine Sachs, University Trustee; Member, Board of Overseers, ICA
- Ingrid Schaffner, Senior Curator, ICA
- Kaja Silverman, Keith L. and Katherine Sachs Professor of Contemporary Art, SAS
Leo Charney will provide staff support on behalf of the Office of the Provost, and a professional search firm, to be named later, will assist the committee with the search process.
Details regarding the position and the nomination process will be published in a future issue of Almanac.
Related: Interim Director of ICA: Robert Chaney