Global Engagement Fund: Call for Proposals—March 2
January 24, 2012,
Volume 58, No. 19
The Global Engagement Fund supports faculty initiatives that enhance Penn’s global engagement. It emphasizes projects that:
- Collaborate across Schools and disciplines and involve multiple faculty members in research and conferences;
- Engage regions of the world in which Penn has active academic partnerships and collaborative ventures, such as China and India;
- Develop interdisciplinary courses and ventures;
- Represent Penn’s academic and thematic priorities, such as sustainability or neuroscience.
Proposals are due March 2, 2012.
Projects will be reviewed by a faculty committee for scholarly merit and significance for global research, teaching, and service. Priority will be given to projects that seed ambitious new endeavors and involve multiple Schools.
Guidelines can be downloaded from www.upenn.edu/provost/global_initiatives
Applications must include:
- A completed International Initiatives Cover Sheet (with all signatures), available at: www.upenn.edu/provost/global_initiatives
- A 500-1,000 word proposal, including background; work to be undertaken; ability to enhance Penn’s international teaching, research and engagement; and demonstrated interdisciplinary linkages.
- Biographies of faculty members involved in the project. Please limit to key faculty; complete bibliographies are not required.
- Completed Budget Form available at www.upenn.edu/provost/global_initiatives. Items that can be requested include costs associated with travel expenses, supplies, and honoraria for visitors.
- Evidence of additional funding from institutional or external sources.
- For conference support, a description of the purpose of the meeting; a proposed program agenda; a proposed list of presenters; the names of Penn faculty organizing the meeting; the number of Penn students and faculty expected to attend; an explanation of the benefit to Penn students and faculty; an explanation of the benefit to scholarly or research programs at Penn; an explanation of the relationship of the meeting to department, institute, or center programs.
- For distinguished international scholar visits, the proposed visitor’s CV and a description of the visitor’s proposed activities while at Penn.
- For research travel, length of expected time for the travel.
Email a complete PDF, including signed cover sheet, application, and budget, to email@example.com. The name of the PDF must be the last name of the principal investigator.
Related: Global Engagement Fund Awards