Introducing ISC's Service Catalog
March 13, 2012,
Volume 58, No. 25
Information Systems and Computing (ISC) is pleased to announce the availability of the ISC Service Catalog, a comprehensive new way to access and request information about ISC’s services.
What is the Service Catalog?
The web-based Service Catalog gathers, in one location, information about the services, contacts and resources ISC provides; it allows users to, more easily access information about the services with which they are familiar, or seek out information about additional or newer services that may meet their needs.
Why a Service Catalog?
ISC provides a broad array of services and products used University-wide, including services to assist with:
- Communication and collaboration through telephony, email, instant messaging, secure online file sharing, and video conferencing.
- Planning, designing, and operation of core business systems that support and facilitate admissions, financial, student records and accounts, payroll, human resources, research services, and alumni/development systems.
- Data Center services such as database administration, disaster recovery and storage management for systems and services —provided in a secure, monitored, state of the art facility.
- The protection of Penn’s information assets from safeguarding personal and intellectual data to securing the integrity and operation of the University’s technology infrastructure with a range of security services, consulting and guidance.
- Managing and executing projects with a wide array of consultant services.
Many are familiar with these services but it can sometimes be difficult to know whom to contact for what; therefore, the catalog was developed to provide:
- One central source of information in a standard format.
- One contact point for additional information for each category.
- A full search function and an A-Z listing to quickly locate specific services.
- A web-accessible customer interface for ease of use and navigation.
- A regularly updated web presence for ISC services providing accurate, current, and timely information about new and changing services.
How Does it Work?
The catalog groups ISC services into categories, such as collaboration technology, research technology or video and media services. Each category has its own web page that provides brief service descriptions—giving a simple explanation of what is provided—with links to more detailed service information, rates, options, and contacts. For further information, a single contact email address or phone number for all the services in each category is provided.
The catalog can be accessed at www.upenn.edu/computing/isc/home/catalog
We will be gathering customer feedback over the next few months and encourage members of the Penn community to look over these new pages and send their comments and suggestions to email@example.com
—Robin Beck, Vice President, Information Systems and Computing