Print This Issue

Shepherding Assets to Promote and Advance the Status of Penn Women

April 24, 2012, Volume 58, No. 31

Whereas, an organization in support of women has operated since 1948 at the University of Pennsylvania, first as the Association for Women Faculty and Administrators and, since 2004, as the Penn Professional Women’s Network, And

Whereas, over the course of more than 50 years it used its resources to promote  the presence and status of women at Penn through lectures, seminars, social networking, developmental opportunities, and awards that recognized the accomplishments of women faculty, staff and students, And

Whereas, following five years of inactivity, the organization was dissolved on February 6, 2012, by a unanimous vote of members present,

Therefore, the Penn Professional Women’s Network hereby transfers its remaining assets to the Trustees’ Council of Penn Women, an organization with a complementary mission. It is the unanimous desire of the Penn Professional Women’s Network that the Trustees’ Council of Penn Women use such assets in its discretion to provide grants to women faculty, staff and students of the University of Pennsylvania, applied as equally as is feasible across these three groups, for objectives consistent with one or more of the purpose and aims of the PPWN, which were:

  • To encourage collegiality and the free interchange of ideas among professional women on the campus.
  • To advocate policies and processes that support the advancement of women.
  • To give recognition to the distinguished accomplishments of women in all fields of endeavor.
  • To provide opportunities, through special invitation, for women students to meet accomplished women on campus.

Almanac - April 24, 2012, Volume 58, No. 31